At Stocks Green, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Primary School’s Sports Funding
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
What is the Sports Premium?
Stocks Green PE and School Sports is continually being developed and improved, now with the support of the Primary School Sports Premium funding. The purpose of this funding is to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport schools offer. The current areas for development of the funding in our school are: Subject Leadership, Staff CPD (training) opportunities, Healthy Living, Leadership and Sports clubs including School-club links and Inter-school competition.
Using the PE premium funding we are also hoping to maintain our Sainsbury School Games Gold award, as well as increase the participation and achievement within PE and School Sport at Stocks Green.
This year we expect to receive £8,920 from this fund. Of this we plan to spend, approximately:
- 75% on external sports organisations. For example we pay TKSSP to provide PE and sport training for every teacher in our school, as well as other support staff. This means that our staff skills continue to increase in a sustainable manner.
- 15% on sports visits. We pay for athletes to come and work with the children and subsidise travel to external events, such as a Kent County Cricket match.
- 10% on any additional staff sports training and resources as required.
The impact can be felt across the school and includes:
- academic attendance is improving as children are healthier and want to come to school
- a very large proportion of our children participate in school clubs and numbers continue to grow
- we've been able to offer a wider range of activities, such as Judo, Basketball and skiing.
If you would like more detailed information about how we allocate funds, or if you have ideas on how we can further improve what we offer our children we would be delighted to discuss these with you.
This year so far we have used the funding for:
- Membership of the Tonbridge and West Kent Sports Partnership: this provides us with expert training, additional coaching and entry to competitions such as Indoor Athletics, Cricket and basketball.
- Skip2Bfit workshops for the whole school
- Kidzfit workshops – whole school
- Tag rugby coaching
- Gymnastics lessons/staff training – whole school
- Football coach – football club after school
- Transport for athletics and dance events
- PE resources and storage and sports kit
- New football goals – socketed
- Expert advice to evaluate our sports curriculum and provide new planning materials